Emergency Alert System
Adams State University has a text/email alert system to notify the campus of emergencies in a timely manner. Adams State students (and their families) can sign up to receive emergency alerts by text message and/or email. This service is provided to students at no additional cost, unless the cell phone carrier being used charges for text messages.
Examples of alerts:
- classes canceled due to inclement weather
- physical plant issues (e.g., natural gas leak, etc.)
- community safety risks (e.g., burglary near campus, etc.)
Each Adams State student can register up to two phone numbers and two email addresses (a parent or spouse’s mobile phone number/email can be added to a student’s alert account).
Sign-Up with a Text
- From your cell phone, send a text message to "79516" and put "adamsalert" in the subject/text box. (No capital letters and no spaces).
- You will receive a text instructing you to text "yes" to complete the sign up.
- After this confirmation, you will receive text alerts.
- Please note that depending on your personal cell phone plan, there may be a nominal fee from you carrier to receive text messages, but there is no charge from Adams State to use the e2campus alert service.
- At the end of the academic year in May, current subscriptions will be removed and you will be required to re-enroll at the beginning of the academic year (August).