BS in Business Administration - Banking & Finance Emphasis
What will I study?
The field of finance encompasses three
closely related perspectives:
- How businesses raise and invest capital.
- How individuals allocate their
savings among different investments
- How markets function to equate the
demand for capital by firms and the
supply of capital by investors.
Careers in Finance:
Students acquire the skills to
obtain a wide range of jobs:
- Bank Loan Officer
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Planner
- Assets Manager
- Insurance and Risk Manager
- Investment Banker
- Portfolio Manager
- Financial Consultant
- Fund Manager
- Hedge Fund Manager
What Industries can I work in?
- Investment Banking
- Commercial Banks & Credit Unions
- Mutual Funds
- Portfolio Management
- Venture Capital
- Federal and State Government
Regulatory Agencies (Federal Reserve
Board, FDIC, SEC and Treasury
- Trading Companies
- Personal Banking
The Finance Program helps students prepare for
the following certifications:
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Series 7 (General Securities
- Chartered Market Technician (CMT)
At a career fair. We know how important these are - and we will take you to them!
At San Luis Valley Federal Bank - getting real world banking experience!
- The Banking & Finance courses can be completed in 2–3 semesters.
- Contact Professor Yusri Zaro to learn more: 719-587-7676 firstname.lastname@example.org