Earth Science Degree Programs / Plans
Our Department is small, but intense, and we offer a high level of faculty-student interaction in the following degree programs:
Bachelor of Science:
- BS in Earth Science (Geology Emphasis)
- BS in Earth Science (Physical Geography Emphasis)
Bachelor of Arts:
- BA in Earth Sciences (Geology Emphasis)
- BA in Earth Sciences (Physical Geography Emphasis)
- BA in Earth Sciences (Science Education) with Secondary Teacher Licensure
Associate of Science:
- AS with Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Emphasis
- Environmental Science
More information on our programs
Geology:A geology degree provides a solid undergraduate foundation in the geological sciences, spanning a traditional geology curriculum, including:
• physical and historical geology
• optical crystallography
• igneous/metamorphic petrology
• sedimentary petrology
• field methods
Options are also available in geomorphology and hydrogeology. The curriculum features a strong emphasis in applied field methods and problems, due to ASU's excellent location for these areas.
Are you interested in learning about mountains, landscapes, environments and cultures around the world?
Do you want to learn how to use state-of-the-art computer mapping programs such as Geographic Information Systems (GIS)?
Do you want to study Earth processes and gain a better understanding of current issues such as climate change?
If so, physical geography is for you.
Adams State's BA in Physical Geography will give you a strong background in the Earth Sciences and prepare you for a broad range of careers in geography.
Some of the courses in the curriculum include:
• Introduction to Physical Geography
• Cartography and GIS
• Natural Resource Management
• World Geography
• Remote Sensing
• Glacial Geography
• Mountain Geography