Requirements for Renewal
- Continuing Porter Scholars in good standing may apply for continuing support as a Porter Scholar for demonstrated unmet financial need each academic year.
- Renewal applications will be evaluated competitively with both new and renewal applications.
- Porter Scholars applying for continuing support must maintain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 and a minimum grade point average of 3.0 in science and mathematics courses required in the major.
- Porter Scholars applying for continuing support must demonstrate involvement in activities related to the major and be making adequate progress in a science or mathematics degree program.
Renewal Application Procedure
- Demonstrate unmet financial need by completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit to the U.S. Department of Education. Make certain that Adams State University Title IV code 001345 is indicated in step 6 of the FAFSA.
- Attach to the application a student copy of your Adams State University transcript.
- Attach to the application a listing of activities that demonstrate involvement in activities related to the major (e.g., club membership, tutoring, lab assistant, Science Fair judging, independent projects, etc.)
- Submit the completed application by March 1st of the year for which the renewal application is made.
Mail the scholarship application, transcripts, and other documentation to:
c/o/ Office of Student Financial Aid
Adams State University
208 Edgemont Boulevard
Alamosa, Colorado 81102
All applications must be received in the Adams State University Financial Aid Office no later that March 1st of the year for which the application is being made.