BA in Sport Psychology
The degree offers students the opportunity to learn more about psychological concepts and apply these to a sport context as well as develop an understanding of sport and exercise psychology.
Our program increases student understanding of:
- sports participants, environments, and group processes
- performance enhancing techniques such as goal setting, imagery, and self-talk
Sport Psychologists work in
- Clinical arenas – Individuals trained in clinical or counseling psychology are interested in the athlete and his or her experiences.
- Educational settings – Practitioners teach principles of sport and exercise psychology to athletes and coaches and help athletes develop skills for optimal performance.
- Research – Scientist/ scholars look for better techniques that can be applied to today's athletes.
Most jobs in Sport Psychology require graduate degrees.
We will prepare you for advanced studies in sport psychology, sport and exercise physiology and/or counseling.
Here's what our students have learned at ASU:
Is pursuing her BFA. She is also secretary of the Art League. The Adams State Art League currently has 18 members, and they have organized workshops, visited local artists, and organized trips to Santa Fe, Denver, and even New York to view and study art. "If you put forth the effort, the art professors help you 100 percent."