Colorado Boettcher Teacher Residency Application Process
All application materials must be submitted to the appropriate agencies by April 26.
Applicants must apply concurrently to the following:
- Colorado Department of Education (CDE) Alternative Teacher Licensing Program
- The Colorado Boettcher Teacher Residency
- Adams State University
1. Apply to the Colorado Department Of Education (CDE) Alternative Teacher Licensing Program
Send fingerprint card and fingerprint processing fee to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI):
1. Review the CDE Fingerprint Information sheet: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/fingerprints.htm
2. Get fingerprints taken at a local police station and submit the fingerprint card directly to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) with a $39.50 money order or certified check made payable to CBI. CBI does not accept personal checks. Do not submit fingerprint cards directly to CDE.
Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI)
690 Kipling Street, Suite 3000
Denver, CO 80215
Praxis II/PLACE Official Score Report
Register, pass, and submit official Praxis II or PLACE test results to the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) for the licensure area you seek (also send a copy of your report to the Colorado Boettcher Teacher Residency Office).
Agency Code for Colorado Dept. of Education: 7040
(#0041 or #5041) English Content Knowledge
(#0061 or #5061) Mathematics: Content Knowledge
(#0435 or #5435) General Science: Content Knowledge
(#0081 or #5081) Social Studies: Content Knowledge
#01 Elementary Education
#06 Social Studies
Statement of Eligibility (SOE) and Online Application
1. Complete the online CDE Alternative Teacher License Application, pay the application fee, and keep the online receipt: http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/Licensure_alt1_info.asp
2. Send official transcript (1 copy) to CDE
You will need official transcripts showing completion of your bachelor's degree in order to complete this application. You must be academically qualified in the licensure area , based upon the Colorado Department of Education subject area requirements for Alternative Teacher Licensure (visit http://www.cde.state.co.us/cdeprof/Licensure_alt_endorsements.asp for more information)
Teacher Licensing Unit
Colorado Department of Education
201 East Colfax, Room 106, Denver, Colorado 80203
Phone: 303-866-6628 Fax: 303-866-6722
2. Apply to the Colorado Boettcher Teacher Residency Office
1. Complete the online application form: http://boettcherteachers.org/
2. Send the following completed items to:
Colorado Boettcher Teacher Residency
600 Grant Street Suite 525
Denver, CO 80203
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Praxis II/PLACE score report (unofficial is fine)
- Transcripts (unofficial is fine)
- Statement of Intent and Essay (copy)
- Copy of Release of Education Records form
- Copy of CDE statement of eligibility or initial license
If any of the CDE application requirements are incomplete by the application deadline, a detailed plan of completion MUST be submitted to Colorado Boettcher Teacher Residency Office with the hard copies of your other documents by April 26.
The plan of completion should address any relevant information regarding your CDE evaluation status.
3. Apply to Adams State University
Please submit Online Application and all Supplemental Materials to Adams State University by April 26
- Official Transcripts from an accredited institution denoting appropriate undergraduate degree.
- GRE or MAT official scores (only if GPA is below 3.0)
- If the GPA is between 2.75 and 2.99, the student must take the GRE with a minimum score of 1250 or obtain a passing score on the MAT. At this time, the candidate is conditionally admitted and must maintain at least a 3.0 GPA from then on.
- Statement of Intent and Essay
- Two current letters of recommendation written on letterhead specifically addressing the area in which the candidate wishes to be admitted, speaking to the candidate's strengths and potential
Mail Supplemental Materials to: Linda Pacheco-Demski
Adams State University
208 Edgemont Blvd. Suite 3050
Alamosa, CO 81101
Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete the FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- New forms become available January 1 each year.
- The school code for Adams State University is 001345.
- Be sure to complete an application for 2012-2013 AND 2013-2014.
- Be sure to keep a copy of all materials you submit for your own records.