Boettcher Teacher Residency
MA in Education with Alternative Teaching License and Culturally & Linguistically Diverse Endorsement
The Boettcher Teacher Residency prepares people to have extraordinary teaching careers through a hands-on master’s degree program.
We believe the classroom is the best place for teachers to develop the skills they need, so we place them in teaching positions alongside master teachers right from the start.
Every day, our resident teachers pour themselves into teaching students, all the while fulfilling their own coursework requirements for a master’s in education. We help them every step of the way with outstanding mentors, peer groups, and expertise because we know that when teachers are well trained and energetically supported, their commitment to their careers soar and students thrive as a result.
Highlights and benefits of the Master’s Degree in Education program:
- Receive alternative teaching license (no previous teaching experience required)
- Culturally & linguistically diverse endorsement
- Tuition support
- Residency-based cohort model, beginning with a summer term
How to Apply
Complete the online application form:
- Bring the following documentation with you to the interview
- Statement of purpose and essay
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Copies of transcripts from all universities and colleges attended
- Two current letters of recommendation written on letterhead, specifically addressing the area in which the student wishes to be admitted, speaking to the candidates' strengths and potential
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Complete the FAFSA online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov
- New forms become available January 1st of each year
- The school code for Adams State University is 001345
- Be sure to complete an application for both the current year and upcoming year