Procedure for Transfer
To be considered for admission to Adams State University, prospective transfer students must submit the following:
- Completed application for admission.
- A $30 non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Official high school transcripts and official ACT or SAT scores are required of transfer students with 12 or fewer transferable credits.
Transfer students with 13 or more transferable credits and a cumulative college grade point average of 2.30 or better will be considered for admission into the baccalaureate degree program. Transfer applicants with a cumulative grade point average below 2.30 will be considered on an individual basis.
Transfer students with 12 or fewer transferable credits will be considered for admission based on the first-time freshman admissions requirements.
Courses that do not fall within the general education curriculum will be brought in as electives, and will need academic department chair approval to be counted as course credit equivalents or substitutions for ASU courses. Remember that PE credits and PELC do not transfer and cannot be counted towards the total number of academic hours (120) required for degree completion.
Online Admission Application
Mail Application Materials To:
- Adams State University
- Office of Admissions
- 208 Edgemont Blvd.
- Alamosa, CO 81102
- Fall Semester Admission - August 1st
- Spring Semester Admission - December 1st
- Summer Semester Admission - May 1st