Bookstore Quick Loans
A BOOKSTORE QUICK LOAN (BKQL) is an advance of expected "excess" financial aid. A BKQL may only be used at the ASU Bookstore for the purchase of books and educational supplies.*
Eligibility is generally based on a delayed federal loan disbursement; such as a first-time freshman loan which is subject to a 30-day delay. Students with a single semester loan (i.e. fall only loan) may also be eligible as the second disbursement is made at mid-point of the semester.
Maximum loan amount: $500
- Undergraduate students must be registered for 12 or more hours if aid is full-time
- Loans must be accepted. Click to review your financial aid. Financial Aid
- Loan counseling must be completed and the promissory note electronically signed by the student. Click take out loans. Financial Aid
- Institutional costs (tuition, fees, room and board) must be covered in full; then "excess aid" may be considered for the book loan.
- Student must meet all other financial aid requirements to receive aid.
- Available only for students enrolled in on-campus courses.
- Adams State student must be in good standing
Disbursement of Funds
Students must apply in person with the One-Stop Cashier in the Student Union Building. After the application is approved, a voucher is issued for use at the ASU Bookstore.
*In most instances, students who have satisfied aid requirements will receive refunds or "excess aid" quickly and expeditiously through the Higher One OneAccount. Please visit: Higher One
Visit the One Stop cashier
- Call 719-587-7728
- Or email ASUstudentbusiness