Facilities Services' Role in the Motor Pool
- Facilities Services manages the Adams State University rental vehicles. This department is funded as a Revolving Fund and managed by personnel from Facilities Services and the Auto Shop.
- When in use, vehicles are checked out to authorized individuals who must assume responsibility for the operation of the vehicle.
- Facilities Services and the Auto Shop are located in the Facilities Services Building at the southwest end of campus north of the hospital. The main entrance is located on the west side of the building.
- Vehicles are available for pick up from the Facilities Services Main Office, which is open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Facilities Services is involved in two specific functions in the management of these vehicles: operational support and the data entry/accounting cost process associated with vehicle operation.
- Facilities Services schedules the use of the vehicles based upon receipt of requests. It inspects, cleans, maintains and repairs the vehicles.
- No vehicle is released for use with identified safety or operational problems, regardless of other commitments. In addition, Facilities Services offers assistance to drivers as to where and how vehicles may be repaired when problems occur off campus.
Vehicle Types & Rental Rates
Vehicles available for use include full-sized 11-passenger vans (11 includes the driver), and 5 passenger cars (5 includes the driver).
Facilities Services DOES NOT schedule or rent the Athletic buses. To rent the buses, please contact the Athletic Dept.
Rental Vehicle types and numbers:
- Eight eleven-passenger vans
- One ADA-accessible van (7 passenger and this includes the driver)
- Two SUV 5-passenger vehicles
- One 5-passenger sedan
- One 5-passenger 4x4
Full-size (11 passenger) Vans Rates: $.70 / mile
5 Passenger Car Rates: $.50 / mile