Facilities Services' Role in the Motor Pool
- Facilities Services manages the Adams State University rental
vehicles. This department is funded as a Revolving Fund and managed by
personnel from Facilities Services and the Auto Shop.
- When in use, vehicles are checked out to authorized individuals who must assume responsibility for the operation of the vehicle.
- Facilities Services and the Auto Shop are located in the
Facilities Services Building at the southwest end of campus north of the
hospital. The main entrance is located on the west side of the
- Vehicles are available for pick up from the Facilities Services
Main Office, which is open from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through
- Facilities Services is involved in two specific functions in the
management of these vehicles: operational support and the data
entry/accounting cost process associated with vehicle operation.
- Facilities Services schedules the use of the vehicles based upon
receipt of requests. It inspects, cleans, maintains and repairs the
- No vehicle is released for use with identified safety or operational problems, regardless of other commitments. In addition, Facilities Services offers assistance to drivers as to where and how vehicles may be repaired when problems occur off campus.
Vehicle Types & Rental Rates
Vehicles available for use include full-sized 11-passenger vans (11 includes the driver), and 5 passenger cars (5 includes the driver).
Facilities Services DOES NOT schedule or rent the Athletic buses. To rent the buses, please contact the Athletic Dept.
Rental Vehicle types and numbers:
- Eight eleven-passenger vans
- One ADA-accessible van (7 passenger and this includes the driver)
- Two SUV 5-passenger vehicles
- One 5-passenger sedan
- One 5-passenger 4x4
Full-size (11 passenger) Vans Rates: $.70 / mile
5 Passenger Car Rates: $.50 / mile