CHECK-OUT / CHECK-IN POLICY AND PROCEDURE The Adams State University motor pool has been developed to provide transportation for official college business, including education, administrative, sponsored programs, and student activities. The State now sets strict limits on the number of vehicles we have at any one time, as a result, the number of vehicles available will not always accommodate the requests for transportation that are received.
Therefore, in order to fairly serve all of the college departments and to provide more equal access to the available units, the following policy and procedures are in effect:
- Reservations for the use of passenger cars and vans will be accepted a maximum of ONE YEAR in advance of the trip.
- Reservations for the bus may be made up to ONE YEAR in advance. It is the responsibility of the department requesting the bus to contact the bus driver to make arrangements for the trip. The Facilities Services office will provide you with names and phone numbers of eligible drivers.
- The bus must be reserved and drivers notified at least two weeks prior to any trip.
- A vehicle reservation is not confirmed until a completed and approved travel request is submitted to the Facilities Services Department.
- Contacting Facilities Services with a reservation may reserve a vehicle.
- Facilities Services should be notified of a trip cancellation as early as possible, so that the vehicle(s) may be available to other college personnel
- When more than one request is received by the Facilities Services Department for the same kind of vehicle (van, car, or bus) for the same time period, priority will be given to the group who will have more than half the vehicle capacity going on the trip.
- Vehicles will be checked out at the main office in the Facilities Services Department. A blue book containing keys and credit cards, as well as a mileage log must be checked out. Travelers must have their approved "gold" copy of the travel request in order to check out a vehicle.
- As of July 1, 1987, uses of safety restraints (seat belts, etc.) are mandatory. Drivers of all vehicles are responsible to assure compliance with the law for the safety of the passengers.
- Fill out a travel request for your trip. If a college vehicle is being requested, indicate on the request how many vehicles will be needed and how many people will be making the trip.
- Call the Facilities Services Offices. (7951) for assignment of the vehicle (s).
- Have your dean or department head approve the travel request. After his/her approval, take the travel request to the Business Office for budget approval. The Business Office will send the request to the respective Vice President for approval. After approval, the "gold" copy of the request will be returned to you. This copy is your official authorization to leave campus. You must have your copy of the travel request before leaving campus on official business.
- Take your copy of the travel request to the Facilities Services Department office. The blue book containing keys to the vehicle, a gate key, gasoline and repair credit card, and a mileage log will be checked out to you.
- Upon return to campus, return the vehicle to the motor pool area. Completely fill out the mileage ticket and leave all copies on the clipboard and leave the clipboard in the vehicle. Return the keys, credit cards, and blue book to the Facilities Services Office if you arrive during business hours. IF you return after hours, deposit the keys, cards, and book in the deposit box in the garage door on the Facilities Services building.
- Any persons needing a vehicle for early morning or weekend travel should pick up keys the night before or on Friday afternoon. Should a vehicle not be available on Friday afternoon, contact Public Safety to make arrangements to pick up the vehicle on Saturday, Sunday, or at night by calling 7901. Arrangements with Public Safety need to be made at least a day ahead of time whenever possible.
- A problem/repair form is provided within the blue book for each vehicle. Drivers should use this form to report any problems that occur while using the vehicle.