Grounds - Spring Services
Spring Clean Up
- Leaves and grass clippings from fall will be picked up and disposed of.
- Removal of winter debris and litter.
- Excessive sand and gravel on turf, sidewalks and streets will be removed.
Fertilization and Weed Control
- Fertilize all turf areas in May.
- Spray a post emergent as needed for weeds.
- Early May application for pre-emergent herbicide and for spray broad-leaf herbicide.
- Activate system in April.
- Make sure all sprinklers, valves, heads are functioning properly and are not leaking.
- Maintenance adjust heads, cleaning of nozzles, and check for leaks.
- Will be done in late April early May.
- Plugs that fall sidewalk will be removed.
- High traffic areas will require additional aeration.
- Grounds will mark sprinklers, valve boxes, and wires before aeration starts.
- Water start-up will be sometime in April depending on weather.
- As needed, in early May and again in August.
- Location of the turf will determine what kind of seed will be used.
- Seed mix will be of a premium grade and up to date.
- Cleaning of walks when seeding is complete.