- Express Mail is an expedited service available for shipping any mailable matter, subject to certain standards. Express Mail International Service is available between the United States and most foreign countries.
- All mailable matter may be sent as Express Mail, if desired.
- Express Mail is considered closed against postal inspection.
- The maximum weight limit is 70 pounds
- Fast service (1-2 days)
- Can be tracked on line @ a< href="http://www.usps.com"> www.usps.com or by calling 1-800-742-5877
- Signature can be required or waived when delivered
- Many supplies are free (envelopes, boxes, etc.)
- Automatic $500 insurance (highest automatic insurance among express shippers)
- Delivery on every day of the week, including weekends and Holidays
- High Cost (Highest among express couriers)
- Two day delivery minimum for out-of-state & some Colorado zip codes, due to our arrival time at the US Post Office.
- Fills out Express mail address label (shown below). Only fill out the bottom (blue) section! The top (red) section is for post office use only.
- If you want the post office to leave the item there if no one can sign for it, then you must check the waiver of signature box and sign your name in the pink box. Note: Waiver of signature voids insurance coverage.
- Fill out A FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and Express mail mailing slip (Download form). Do not forget your signature or budget code. Mailing Services can not mail item without these fields. Express Mail is insured for $500.00 automatically, if you need more please indicate on this form Not on the Express Mail Label.
- Bring both forms and item to the mailroom. Note: only certain Colorado zip codes are serviceable overnight, if you want next day service consider using FedEx Express.