FedEx Express (Formerly known as Federal Express)
FedEx Express is a private courier that specializes in overnight and 2 to 3 day deliveries. It is a fast, reliable service that offers several advantages.
- Fast delivery: Overnight available to most US addresses, if the article is brought to the mailroom before nine o'clock a.m.
- Service Options: a wide variety including:
- Second Day
- or Three Day Delivery
- Standard $100 insurance on all items, with option to purchase additional insurance
- It is possible to waive the signature requirement
- There is no need to request courier every time you ship an item, since we are on a regular pick-up schedule
- Tracking can be found on the internet @ www.fedex.com or by calling 1-800 Go FedEx
- Optional Saturday delivery to select locations
- Weekend delivery option is charged an extra fee
- More Expensive than Priority or First Class Mail
- No local offices
- Note: FedEx Express can not deliver to P.O. Boxes, for P.O. Box addresses the item must be shipped by the US Postal Service
- FedEx will not insure art work for over 500 dollars, if necessary to insure for more then you must use a separate insurance company. In the past we have used Transglobal Insurance at 1-800-245-4852
Rates and Fees
will vary depending on destination and weight. It is usually less expensive, however, than Express Mail for most destinations.
ASU is on a State of Colorado rate schedule and therefore it is usually about half the cost of Express Mail with letter rates starting around $5.25. All items must be to the Mailroom by 9:00 AM to guarantee shipment on that day.
Contact mailroom for specific prices.
- Fill out "FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and Express Mail Mailing Slip" (found at the top of this page).
- Scotch Tape a corner of form to the prepared package or letter, or slip form in plastic sleeve. Note: FedEx supplies us with a variety of free envelopes and boxes please see the mailroom for these supplies.
- Bring item to mailroom before one o'clock for same day shipment.
- Inform the mail clerk on duty if you would like a hard copy receipt.