Insured Mail provides payment for lost or damaged mail. This service is for Standard Mail (B), Special Standard Mail, and Library Rate; or First Class or Priority Mail containing such items.
- Unnecessary use of Insured Mail can cost money. A careful check should be made to determine what mail is being insured. Insuring should be discontinued for articles without intrinsic value or when the mail is being used only to obtain a delivery receipt or when loss in a certain period are less than the cost of the insurance. For questions or more information please contact the Mailroom Manager @ (719) 587-7101.
Instructions for Insured Mail: Blue PS Form 3813-P
- Fill out Recipients address on bottom of form.
- Fill in value of item.
- Attach Insured slip by exposing self-adhesive and pressing the label to the article. Do not remove receipt.
- Deliver article to the Mailroom.
- In the following day’s mail you will receive the receipt with an Alamosa postmark (the receipt must have a postmark to be valid). Retain this receipt, it is your only proof of mailing and must be presented to make a claim.