Other Types of Mail
- Parcel Post consists of mailable matter that (except Media Mail and Library Mail) weighs 16 ounces or more and is not required to be mailed at first class rates.
- All Parcel Post must bear the sender's return address and the delivery address on each piece and must include the correct ZIP or ZIP+4 code.
- Media Mail matter meeting the standards in the Parcel Post section and those below. Only these items may be mailed at the Media Mail rates:
- 16-millimeter or narrower width films
- Printed objective test materials and their accessories used by or on behalf of educational
- Sound recordings; Video recordings and player piano rolls are classified as sound recordings.
- Playscripts and manuscripts for books, periodicals, and music.
- Printed educational reference charts designed to instruct or train individuals for improving or developing their capabilities.
- Loose leaf pages and their binders consisting of medical information for distribution to doctors, hospitals, medical schools, and medical students.
- Computer-readable media containing prerecorded information and guides or scripts prepared solely for use with such media.
- Media Mail rates are based on the weight of the piece, without regard to zone
- In addition to the incidental First Class enclosures and additions listed in the Parcel Post Section, any printed matter that is mailable as Standard Mail may be included loose with any qualifying material mailed at the Media Mail rates.
- Library Mail is Media Mail matter meeting the standards of Media mail and those below:
- Each piece must show in the address or return address the name of a school, college, university, public library, museum, or herbarium or the name of a nonprofit religious, educational, scientific, philanthropic (charitable), agricultural, labor, veterans, or fraternal organization
- Material mailed at the Library Mail rate other than books and sound recordings may contain only those additions and enclosures permitted under Standard Mail.
- No permit is required for this class of mail.