- Priority Mail is First Class Mail weighing more than 13 ounces and, at the mailer's option, any other mail matter (including regular First Class Mail) weighing 13 ounces or less (1 lb. Flat rate applies).
- The maximum weight limit is 70 pounds, except for some APO and FPO mail.
- Any mailable item can be sent Priority Mail.
- Item(s) must be marked "Priority" or "Priority Mail" and must be placed prominently on the address side of each piece of Priority Mail.
- Relatively quick service (2-3 day average delivery)
- Relatively low cost for small packages & envelopes (compared to FedEx and Express Mail)
- Many supplies are free (envelopes, boxes, etc.)
- Can give customers a good impression
- No guaranteed delivery date
- Can not be tracked unless additional fee is paid
- Often more expensive than First Class
- No signature captured when package is delivered unless extra fee is paid