Recorded Delivery (International Only)
Recorded delivery is the international service equivalent of domestic certified mail. It provides the mailer with a numbered mailing receipt. It also enables the sender to obtain confirmation of delivery through the purchase of a separate return receipt for an additional fee. The destination post office retains a record of the delivery for each transaction. However, no mailing record is kept by the originating post office.
Instructions for Recorded Delivery: Yellow PS Form 8099 (International use only)
- Print or type destination address on bottom of form.
- Fill out a Return Receipt (If desired).
- Paper clip or attach Certified Slip and Return Receipt to mail piece. (Do not remove Receipt)
- Make sure your return address is on the mail piece.
- Deliver mail piece to mailroom.
- The following day you will receive the receipt in your inter-office mail. Retain this receipt for your records, it will be your only proof of mailing.
- Recorded Delivery mail must be combined only with Letter mail, Postcards, Printed matter items, Matter for the blind, Small packets, or M-bags. It does not apply to parcel post packages or Express Mail International Service (EMS) items
- No insurance is provided with Certified Mail, for valuables please consider using Insured or Registered Mail.