First Class Mail
- Is not delayed in handling
- Is closed against Postal inspection
- Any mailable matter may be sent as First Class Mail. (First Class mail includes Priority & Express Mail).
- Matter described below must be mailed at First Class Rates (or Priority Mail & Express Mail rate):
- Matter wholly or partially in handwriting
- Matter wholly or partially in typewriting
- Matter that has the character of actual and personal correspondence
- Bills and statements of account
Examples of First Class Mail
- These are examples of material that must be mailed at First Class, Priority, or Express Mail rates:
- Handwritten or typewritten matter
- Personal correspondence.
- Notebooks or blank books containing written or typewritten entries or stenographic or shorthand notes.
- Blank printed forms filled out in writing, such as notices, certificates, and checks, either canceled or uncanceled.
- Printed cards or letters bearing a written date, where the date is not the date of the card but gives information about when something is to occur or has occurred.
- Any matter marked "Postcard" or "Double Postcard."
First Class Presort
- Any First Class Mailing that has 500 pieces or more must be mailed at Pre-sort rate. This is a work-sharing program with the US Postal Service that gives the college a discount on postage for us preparing the mailing. Preparation required, for instructions please contact the mailroom.