UPS (United Parcel Service)
UPS is a ground & Express transportation company that offers shipping of parcels all across the US and to some global countries. Any heavy or insured items should be sent UPS or FedEx Ground to save money and provide a way to trace such packages. This method is generally cheaper than FedEx Express or US Postal Service methods.
- Tracking of incoming or outgoing packages can be done on line @ www.ups.com or by calling 1-800-742-5877. You must know the tracking number of the item. This tracking number can be obtained by contacting the shipper, www.ups.com or by calling 1-800-742-5877
- Automatic insurance of $100, additional insurance coverage may be purchased.
- More economical than FedEx Express or US Postal Service methods
- No Saturday or Sunday delivery
- UPS will not insure art work for over 500 dollars, if necessary to insure for more then you must use a separate insurance company.
- Fill out "FedEx Express, FedEx Ground and Express Mail Mailing Slip" (Download form).
- Scotch tape a corner of form to the package.
- Bring item to mailroom by 9 am for same day shipment.