How to Qualify for CAMP
To be eligible to participate in CAMP:
1. The student must have participated in a school Migrant Education Program (MEP) or were eligible to participate in a MEP. Normally, students who were in a MEP program anytime K-12, qualify with their Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
2. The student or an immediate family member of the student must have been a migrant/seasonal farmworker who worked for at least 75 days within the past 24 months performing qualifying agricultural work.
3. The student must have participated or was eligible to participate in a Workforce Investment Act (WIA) program for migrant workers.
Students applying to CAMP@ASU must also:
- Meet the requirements to be accepted into Adams State University
- Be a US citizen or permanent resident
- Be a high school graduate or GED recipient
- Enroll as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester)
Migrant Farmworker – A seasonal farmworker whose employment required travel that kept the farmworker from returning to a permanent home within the same day.
Seasonal Farmworker – A person who was employed in farm work on a temporary or seasonal, not year-round, basis.
Immediate Family Member – Includes parents, guardians, grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc.. but they must have claimed you as a dependent on their taxes or must currently reside/or previously resided in the same household as you.