College at High School
How can your High School participate?
The following is a brief outline of the process for including the program into the high school curriculum. This information is expanded upon in the Handbook:
- Initial meetings are held with the high school principals/superintendent and Extended Studies to establish a program of courses for the specific high school.
- A written agreement specifying the course(s) to be offered is signed between the school, teacher, and Adams State.
- ASU academic departments appoint a program liaison to work with ES and high school faculty.
- The high school appoints a program liaison (school counselor) to work with Extended Studies and participating high school teachers.
- Extended Studies works with the high school liaison for faculty/course approvals, scheduling student, faculty and parent orientations, scheduling registration visits, determining academic calendars, etc.
- Students register and pay tuition by established dates and attend selected dual-credit courses on their campus, taught by their high school teachers who have been approved by ASU academic departments.
- Completed courses and the resulting grades are entered on the high school student's Adams State transcript and are available upon student request.