Master of Arts in Education
Welcome to ASU’s Master’s in Education: Curriculum & Instruction: STEM Emphasis Homepage. The program encourages applications
from individuals who have strong academic and professional backgrounds and have
demonstrated potential to contribute to the field of education.
ASU and US Satellite Lab have partnered to deliver high-quality STEM /
Education MA’s – ONLINE at an affordable rate.
The 30 credit hour Master of Arts in Education with Curriculum and Instruction STEM emphasis Graduate degree program focuses on enhancing professional careers in teaching, administration, organizational training, and curriculum development. Click here for an FAQ sheet.
The goal of this program is to develop strong planning and teaching skills in educators who are dedicated to ensuring all students, particularly students from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, succeed academically.
What does the program look like?
The Master of Arts with Curriculum and Instruction STEM Studies emphasis is 30 hours in length.
15 semester hours (5 – 3.0 semester hour courses) are delivered through US Satellite Labs & 15 semester hours (5 – 3.0 semester hour courses) are delivered through Adams State University: all ONLINE. All courses earn Adam State credit.
Candidates are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Past academic performance, including areas of academic strength, with greater weight given to current course work.
- Personal statements from the candidate's letter of intent listing goals, accomplishments and experience.
- Letters of recommendation. We consider the comments made by others who can evaluate the applicant's accomplishments, communication, interpersonal skills, and leadership potential.
- Completed online application for admission
- Apply Online NOW! SELECT APPLICATION #9
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university (Please request official transcripts be sent to the address below for BA/BS and higher degree(s) and for any graduate credit earned. Electronic transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Letter of intent from the candidate addressing goals, accomplishments and experience.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation on letter head addressing the program the student wishes to be admitted highlighting the candidate’s strengths and potential.
- All letters can emailed to email@example.com or may be mailed to the address below
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale on the most recently completed degree. Students not meeting the 3.0 GPA requirement may be admitted conditionally.
Send information to:
Adams State University Extended Studies
Attn: Kateri Reeves
208 Edgemont Blvd. Suite 3000
Alamosa, CO 81101
Phone: 800-548-6679 or 719-587-8061, M-Th, 8 am to 6 pm (MST)
Less than $14,000 for 30 hours of superior instruction. This includes all tuition and fees but does not include cost for textbooks, which will vary, per course.
Can I apply for Financial Aid? Financial Aid is available, including Public Service Loan Forgiveness programs, which, for qualified applicants could forgive the entire loan.
Loan Forgiveness (PDF)
For more details concerning financial aid, application, loans, etc., use this link: http://www.adams.edu/finaid/index.php or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
I have questions, who do I contact?
- US Satellite Lab contact: Glen Schuster or Sara Wolter at 1-800-707-8519 or see this web site: http://www.stemedmasters.org/asu/
- ASU Extended Studies contact: Kateri Reeves, email@example.com 1-800-548-6679, or 719-587-8061, M-Th, 8 am to 6 pm (MST).