Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with Agricultural Business Emphasis Degree Requirements
All requirements for the distance degree program are the same as those for the same degree on the campus. Distance degree program students are subject to all ASU policies, deadlines and graduation requirements, except where noted.
- You will be required to complete 30 Adams State University semester credits which may be met by completing ASU Independent study or online courses approved and listed on the website or other publications.
- Course credits earned through the distance degree program are entered on the student record without distinction between on-campus and off campus courses.
- ASU credits earned in off-campus courses are considered to be the same as those earned in on-campus courses for the purpose of meeting residency or other requirements in degree programs of the institution.
Degree Program Total Credit Requirements
- General Education - 37 credits
- Major - Business Administration - 39 credits
- Agricultural Business Emphasis - 40 credits
- General Electives - 4 credits
Business Administration Core (39 credits):BUS 120: Business Computer Applications I (3 credits)
BUS 207: Principles of Accounting I (3 credits)
BUS 208: Principles of Accounting II (3 credits)
BUS 211: Business Law (3 credits)
BUS 265: Business Communications (3 credits)
BUS 304: Principles of Marketing (3 credits)
BUS 318: Business Statistics (3 credits)
BUS 361: Principles of Management (3 credits)
BUS 363: Managerial Finance (3 credits)
BUS 430: Productions & Operations Management (3 credits)
BUS 480: Global Business Strategies (3 credits)
ECON 255: Macroeconomic Principles (3 credits)
ECON 256: Microeconomic Principles (3 credits)
Agricultural Business Emphasis (40 credits):BUS 105: Introduction to Agribusiness (3 credits)
BUS 355: Individual Income Taxation (4 credits)
BUS 364: Agribusiness Management (3 credits)
BUS 378: Commodities & Risk Management (3 credits)
BUS 384: Natural Resources & Water Law (3 credits)
BUS 398: Farm & Ranch Management (3 credits)
BUS 478: Agricultural Marketing (3 credits)
BUS 488: Agricultural Policy & Farm Bill (3 credits)
BUS 498: World Food Distribution & Agricultural Economics (3 credits)
Plus 12 credit hours of upper level (300-400) business (BUS) courses as determined in consultation with your advisor.
General ElectivesMay be approved transfer credits or courses taken from ASU. General electives are credits that are required, but not used elsewhere in the degree program.
The writing assessment required for the BSBA - Agribusiness degree is satisfied during the course BUS 480.
Note: Degree must include 42 upper-division (300/400 level) semester-hour credits. To receive credit, all course grades must be passing (C or better). A minimum of 30 credits must be ASU credits for the BA or BS degree.
Total credits required for graduation: 120 credits