Bachelor of Arts Degree:
All requirements for the distance degree program are the same as those for the same degree on campus. Distance degree program students are subject to all Adams State policies, deadlines and graduation requirements, except where noted.
- You will be required to complete 30 Adams State semester credits which may be met by completing approved Adams State Distance Learning courses listed on the website or other publications.
- Course credits earned through the distance degree program are entered on the student record without distinction between on-campus and off campus courses.
- Adams State credits earned in off-campus courses are considered to be the same as those earned in on-campus courses for the purpose of meeting residency or other requirements in degree programs of the institution.
All students must submit a writing portfolio to the Department Chair by the end of the seventh week of the next-to-last semester prior to graduation.
B. A. Degree: History Emphasis
- Successful completion of general studies requirements for B. A. Degree (38 hours total)
- Successful completion of the degree program below (36 hours total)
- Electives (46 hours total)
Core HGP Courses (required):
- GOVT 291: American Government (3 hours)
- HIST 202: U. S. to 1865 (3 hours)
- HIST 203: U. S. since 1865 (3 hours)
- HGP 471: Senior Seminar (3 hours)
12 hours from each of the following fields: [courses listed below are 3 hours each]
Europe and Latin America:
- HIST 330: Middle Ages (3 hours)
- HIST 331: Renaissance and Reformation (3 hours)
- HIST 334: French Revolution and Napoleon (3 hours)
- HIST 342: England (3 hours)
- HIST 346: Imperial Spain (3 hours)
- HIST 355: Latin America to1830 (3 hours)
- HIST 356: Latin America since 1830 (3 hours)
- HIST 357: Mexico (3 hours)
- HIST 358: Brazil (3 hours)
- HIST 433: Modern Europe (3 hours)
- HIST 434: Europe and the 20th Century World (3 hours)
- GOVT 468: U. S.-Latin American Relations (3 hours)
- HIST 301: Colorado History (3 hours)
- HIST 305: The Southwest (3 hours)
- HIST 314: Colonial America (3 hours)
- HIST 316: American Revolution/Federalist Era (3 hours)
- HIST 318: Foundations of American Diplomacy (3 hours)
- HIST 322: The Gilded Age (3 hours)
- HIST 363: Civil War and Reconstruction (3 hours)
- HIST 426: U. S. in the 20th Century to 1945 (3 hours)
- HIST 427: U. S. in the 20th Century since 1945 (3 hours)
- HIST 436: American Thought (3 hours)
- GOVT 429: Constitutional Law I (3 hours)
- GOVT 430: Constitutional Law II (3 hours)
Electives: (46 credits)
Degree must include 42 upper division (300/400 level) semester-hour credits. Electives may be approved transfer credits or courses taken from Adams State. Electives are credits that are required but not used elsewhere in the degree program.
HGP Senior Assessment:
Successful completion of Senior Assessment procedures (70% average or higher).