Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies Degree Requirements
All requirements for the distance degree program are the same as those for the same degree on campus. Distance degree program students are subject to all ASU policies, deadlines and graduation requirements, except as noted below.
- You will be required to complete 30 Adams State University semester credits which may be met by completing approved ASU Distance Learning courses listed on the website or other publications.
- Course credits earned through the distance degree program are entered on the student record without distinction between on-campus and off campus courses.
- ASU credits earned in off-campus courses are considered to be the same as those earned in on-campus courses for the purpose of meeting residency or other requirements in degree programs of the institution.
Degree Program Total Credit Requirements
- General Education - 37 credits
- Interdisciplinary Studies Major (20 credits two academic disciplines) - 40 credits
- General Electives - 43 credits
Interdisciplinary Studies majors must complete 20 semester credits from two different academic disciplines in consultation with your student advisor.
- Academic Discipline 1 - 20 credits
- Academic Discipline 2 - 20 credits
General Electives may be approved transfer credits or courses taken from ASU. Note: General Electives are credits that are required but not used elsewhere in the degree program.
You must submit a 3-5 page graded paper from an Adams State professor to the advising department in Extended Studies to receive approval by mid semester of the semester prior to graduation.
Note: Degree must include 42 upper-division (300/400 level) semester-hour credits. To receive credit, all course grades must be passing (C or better). A minimum of 30 credits must be ASU credits for the BA or BS degree.