Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with Management Emphasis Degree RequirementsAll requirements for the distance degree program are the same as those for the same degree on the campus. Distance degree program students are subject to all ASU policies, deadlines and graduation requirements, except where noted.
- You will be required to complete 30 Adams State University semester credits which may be met by completing ASU Independent study or online courses approved and listed on the website or other publications.
- Course credits earned through the distance degree program are entered on the student record without distinction between on-campus and off campus courses.
- ASU credits earned in off-campus course are considered to be the same as those earned in on-campus courses for the purpose of meeting residency or other requirements in degree programs of the institution.
Writing ProficiencyThe writing assessment required for the BSBA - Management degree is satisfied during the course BUS 480 Global Business Strategies.
Degree Program Total Credit Requirements
- General Education - 38 credits
- Major - Business Administration - 42 credits
- Management Emphasis - 27 credits
- Electives - 13 credits
Note: Degree must include 42 upper-division (300/400 level) semester-hour credits.
Business Administration majors must complete the following 42 hours of core courses:BUS 103: Introduction to Business - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 120: Business Computer Applications I - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 207: Principles of Accounting I - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 208: Principles of Accounting II - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 211: Business Law - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 265: Business Communications- 3 cr.hrs.
BUS 304: Principles of Marketing - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 318: Business Statistics - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 361: Principles of Management - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 363: Managerial Finance - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 430: Productions & Operations Management - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 480: Global Business Strategies - 3 cr. hrs.
ECON 255: Macroeconomic Principles - 3 cr. hrs.
ECON 256: Microeconomic Principles - 3 cr. hrs.
Management EmphasisBUS 362: Human Resource Management - 3 cr. hrs.
Requirement (27 credits total)/May be met by completing:
BUS 365: Small Business Management - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 401: Organizational Behavior - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 418: Leadership Strategies - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 419: Organizational Change and Development - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 466: Business Ethics and Decision Making - 3 cr. hrs.
ECON 425: Economic Policy - 3 cr. hrs. or ECON 433: Managerial Economics - 3 cr. hrs.
Plus six semester hours of 300-400 level business or economics courses approved by the student's advisor.
ElectivesElectives may be approved transfer credits or courses taken from ASU. Note: Electives are credits that are required but not used elsewhere in the degree program.
Total credit hours required for graduation: 120 semester hoursNote: Degree must include 42 upper-division (300/400 level) semester-hour credits. To receive credit, all course grades must be passing (C or better). A minimum of 30 credits must be ASU credits for the BA or BS degree.Contact Us