Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with Marketing EmphasisAll requirements for the distance degree program are the same as those for the same degree on the campus. Distance degree program students are subject to all ASU policies, deadlines and graduation requirements, except where noted.
- You will be required to complete 30 Adams State University semester credits which may be met by completing ASU Independent study or online courses approved and listed on the website or other publications.
- Course credits earned through the distance degree program are entered on the student record without distinction between on-campus and off campus courses.
- ASU credits earned in off-campus course are considered to be the same as those earned in on-campus courses for the purpose of meeting residency or other requirements in degree programs of the institution.
Writing ProficiencyAll students must submit a writing portfolio to the Department Chair by the end of the seventh week of the next-to-last semester prior to graduation.
Degree Program Total Credit Requirements
- General Education - 38 credits
- Major - Business Administration - 42 credits
- Marketing Emphasis - 33 credits
- Electives - 7 credits
Business Administration majors must complete the following 42 hours of core courses:BUS 103: Introduction to Business - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 120: Business Computer Applications I - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 207: Principles of Accounting I - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 208: Principles of Accounting II - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 211: Business Law - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 265: Business Communications- 3 cr.hrs.
BUS 304: Principles of Marketing - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 318: Business Statistics - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 361: Principles of Management - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 363: Managerial Finance - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 430: Productions & Operations Management - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 480: Global Business Strategies - 3 cr. hrs.
ECON 255: Principles of Economics I - 3 cr. hrs.
ECON 256: Principles of Economics II - 3 cr. hrs.
Requirement (33 credits total)/May be met by completing:
BUS 315: Sales and Sales Management - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 335: Consumer Behavior - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 345: Advertising - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 356: Retailing - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 366: Business Communications - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 441: International Marketing - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 448: Interactive Marketing - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 450: Services Marketing - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 454: Marketing Research - 3 cr. hrs.
BUS 460: Marketing Management - 3 cr. hrs.
Plus three credit hours of 300-400 level business or
economics courses approved by the student’s advisor