1st Steps to a Successful ASU Grant
3 Easy Steps to Approval
1. Fill out an Intent to Apply form.
2. Fill out a Proposed Grant Budget form.
3. Submit to Jody Mortensen, Controller of Sponsored Programs (RH-138).
These steps will help keep everyone in the loop during the review/approval process.
Feel free to call or email Tawney Becker for any assistance needed (forms, electronic registration, filing, review, etc.) at 719-587-8305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more in-depth assistance with grant writing please fill out the Grant Writing Assistance Request form (below):
Here is what happens next...
- At this point you have assessed eligibility and determined any matching (cash or in-kind) requirements.
- The Principal Investigator (that is you) and the department chair/administrator have signed the Intent to Apply form.
- The Intent to Apply form and the Proposed Grant Budget spreadsheet have been mailed to Jody Mortensen (RH-138) and for good measure a copy to Tawney Becker, (RH-162) and Kat Olance (RH-118).
- The grant now goes through the review and signature process to:
----Jody Mortensen, Controller of Sponsored Programs
----Bill Mansheim, VP for Finance & Governmental Relations
----Executive Council Representative. Who is your Council Rep? click here: ASU Org Chart
----Cabinet Consent Agenda.
- Contacting You -- You may be contacted at anytime during this review process if any questions arise. Once your Intent to Apply has received consent by Cabinet you will be contacted by your Executive Council Rep.
- For a complete description of the policy, click here -- Grant Application Process and Incentive Pay Plan Policy.
Printable PDF of above info: - Click here to open a printable PDF of the above information -- PDF of Grant How To Steps.