Audio Books, Music & Videos
Adams State library patrons may download audio books, e-books, music and videos for free!
The library also has MP3 players available for checkout to Adams State students, staff, and faculty (ask at the reference desk on second floor).
- Listen to items on your computer (PC) or your portable media player (MP3 player).
- Click HERE for a list of compatible portable media players.
- Some items can also be copied to CDs.
- Most of the books are unabridged.
- New titles are constantly being added.
- Most items are checked out to you for a one-week period.
- No risk of overdues. Items are automatically checked in when they are due.
- Items cannot be renewed, but they can be checked out again.
Adams State library can provide assistance
- To have a librarian step you through this entire process, stop by the library and go to the Reference Desk on second floor.
- If you do not own your own computer or you lack access to a high-speed internet connection, you may use a computer at the Adams State library. Ask at the Reference Desk on second floor.
Four ways to locate the audio library catalog
- Click HERE.
- Click on the blue-and-white icon at the top of this page.
- Go to the library home page (http://www.adams.edu/library). In the right-hand menu, click on Marmot: Book Catalog. Once in Marmot, click on Download Books & Music.
- Go to the library home page (http://www.adams.edu/library). In the right-hand menu, click on Books. Then click on Audio Books & Music.
Special instructions for first time users
The program will step you through the process, but basically it includes the following three parts.
- Download Windows Media Player (version 9 or newer) if necessary. Your computer probably already has this software.
- Download the Overdrive Media Console. You will only need to do this one time.
- Within the Overdrive Media Console run the Windows Media Player Security Update. You will only need to do this one time.
Selecting audio books, music or videos
- Browse through the available items.
- Select the items you are interested in by placing them in your Book Bag. You may have up to 7 items in your Book Bag at a time.
- If an item is already checked out to another patron, you will not be able to place it into your <em>Book Bag</em>. However, you may place a hold on it, and when the item is available, you will be notified by e-mail.
- Although you can place 7 items into your Book Bag, you may check out only 5 items. Decide which 5 items you want and check them out. To do this you will need to know your ASC library card number (which begins 401).
Downloading audio books, music or videos
- To see the items you have checked out, click on the My Account icon.
- For each item you have checked out, there will be an icon that says Download. Clicking on Download will cause that particular item to download to your computer. (Note: This Download button is different from the link that says, "Click here to download the software needed to use this Overdrive WMA Audiobook title.")
Listening to audio books/music or watching videos.
- If it's not already open, click on the Overdrive Media Console icon located on your computer desktop.
- Highlight the title you wish to listen to or watch.
- Click on Play to listen (or watch) using your computer. To listen (or watch) using an MP3 player, click on Transfer. To copy to CDs, click on Burn.