How to Use OverDrive for eBooks
Return OverDrive eBooks
- OverDrive eBooks can be checked out for 7, 14, or 21 days. To change your lending period, sign in to your account, then click Account, then Settings. Once the book expires you will no longer be able to access it. There are no late fees or renewals for eBooks.
- Since you can only check out up to 5 books at a time, you may want to return books early.
- To return a Kindle Book, sign in to Amazon, select Kindle on the left side of the screen, and select Manage Your Kindle. Find your book and click Actions, then click Return this book.
- To return a book that you downloaded through Adobe Digital Editions, open Adobe Digital Editions, right click on your book, and select Return Borrowed Item.
- To return a book that you downloaded through the OverDrive Media Console, open the app and navigate to your bookshelf. Click on the + icon next to your book, select Return/Delete, then select Return then Delete.
- Open EPUB and Open PDF eBooks cannot be returned early.