What is a reserve item?
Professors may place books, videos, and other materials on reserve for students' use. Reserve items are kept at the Circulation Desk on the 1st floor of the library. Reserve items must be used in the library and may be checked out for one-hour periods. To check out reserve items, patrons must present their ASC library card. Click HERE for the reserve request form. Please fill out this form and return it to the Circulation Desk.
What about placing articles on reserve?
There is no need to place copies of articles on reserve at the library. Articles can be made available to classes using Blackboard. Please click HERE for more information.
Important information for ASC faculty:
- Reserve items need to be turned in to David Goetzman or the Circulation Desk at least 24 hours before you anticipate students requesting them.
- You will be asked to fill out a reserve request form which provides the library staff with all the information needed to place an item on reserve. You may download the form or pick one up at the Circulation Desk.
- Please give the library staff at least 24 hours to remove items from reserve before you wish to pick them up.
- The library rarely purchases textbooks. If you would like a textbook on reserve for your students' convenience, we will gladly place a personal copy on reserve.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to call David Goetzman at 587-7820.