"Top of the Nation" Honor Band and Choir Festival 2013
Pictured, the Adams State Concert Choir is included in the festival.
The Music Department at Adams State University is proud to announce the 14th annual "Top of the Nation" Honor Band and Choir Festival featuring select high school students from around the state and surrounding regions. There will be a series of concerts as part of this weekend festival.
- On Thursday, February 14 at 7:15 p.m. in Richardson Hall Auditorium, there will be a short jazz concert by 68 West, the ASU Jazz Ensemble.
- On Friday, February 15 at 8 p.m. in Sacred Heart Church the ASU Concert Choir and Chamber Choir will be performing works by Mendelssohn, Fauré, Copland, Orbán, and Tichelli. They will be joined by the Honor Choirs for Rollo Dilworth's "Take Me to the Water."
- The weekend will culminate with the Honor Band and Choir performances on Saturday, February 16.
- The Honor Bands will perform in Richardson Hall Auditorium at 12 p.m. The Wind Symphony will be conducted by Dr. Matthew Luttrell from Adams State University and the Symphonic Winds will be conducted by Dr. Gary Hall, a former ASU graduate and highly respected Colorado High School band director. He is currently a music instructor at Laramie County Community College.
- The Honor Choir will perform in Sacred Heart Church at 2 pm. The Mixed Honor Choir will be directed by Dr. Beth Robison and the Women's Honor Choir will be directed by Dr. Christine Keitges, both from Adams State University.
All programs are open and free to the public. Please join us for a weekend of wonderful music. For more information, call 719-587-7621.