Scuba Open Water Diving Certification Workshop
- 2 Evening Classes
- 2 Full Day Weekend Pool Sessions
- 2 Days Open Water Diving Segment
- If you have always wondered what lies beneath the surface, now is the time to find out. Start the journey of a lifetime with the PADI Open Water Diver course here at Adams State. It will change you forever.
- In the PADI Oepen Water Diver course, your PADI instructor, Kurt Cary (email@example.com), takes you through the basics of learning how to scuba dive. You start in the Plachy Hall pool and progress to the open water (The Blue Hole, near Santa Rosa, NM), getting the background knowledge along the way.
- Earning your PADI Open Water Diver Certification is just the beginning. As a certified diver, fabulous dive destinations, exciting people, unparalleled adventure and uncommon tranquility await you. And, as you continue your adventure and gain experience through higher training levels, your opportunities expand. For more details on the PADI Open Water Diver course, visit: http://www.padi.com/padi/en/sd/whatsinvolved.aspx
- Number of Dives: Five Confined Water Dives and Four Open Water Dives
- Knowledge Development: Three sessions in Plachy Hall Room 101
- Materials You'll Need: PADI Open Water Crew-Pak, PADI Open Water Video or DVD, Log Book.
- Equipment you'll use during the course includes: mask, fins, snorkel, tank, regulator, buoyancy compensator, submersible pressure gauge and exposure protection as required by the local environment. You will be expected to provide your own mask, fins, and snorkel.
- Cost for this certification is $350 for AS&F and includes PADI Open Water Crew-Pak. Community members cost is $600. You are expected to purchase your own mask, fins, and snorkel. This price includes the Open Water diving segment which is at the Blue Hole near Santa Rosa, New Mexico. Transport, lodging, equipment and some food is provided as part of this cost. For information about signing up please contact Mick Daniel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-587-7962.