What is the ASU Second Year Experience?
In the second year of college, students face a variety of challenges which may be remarkably different than those faced in the first year. To assist each student in having a productive second year, Adams State University recommends that each student set the following goals for his/her second year
ASU Second Year Experience Goals:
1. Develop the ability to deal confidently with career or major choice.
2. Expand knowledge of relationship between choosing a major and choosing a career
3. Persist to the third year
4. Maintain a GPA which does not risk suspension
5. Access resources to create a positive peer group
6. Cultivate working knowledge of campus resources
7. Nurture at least one significant faculty connection
8. Participate in at least one campus event in a leadership role
9. Participate in at least one service learning project.
10. Complete the following requirements: Technology Proficiency Requirement and the Writing Proficiency Requirement.
For more information, contact the SES Department:
The SES Office is located in the 3rd Floor SUB Rm. E-325
Phone: (719)587-7858 or