MA & MS - Application Process
Students desiring to enroll in the Master of Arts and Master of Science degree programs in the Department of HPPE must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
An acceptable minor in physical education or the equivalent from an accredited institution will be considered for the coaching and sport management programs.
Exercise Science, Coaching and Sport Management Programs:
Students without undergraduate majors in physical education, exercise science, kinesiology or related areas may be required to take prerequisite or "leveling" courses. These may vary according to the student's specialization.
Applied Sport Psychology Programs:
Students without undergraduate majors in physical education, exercise & sport science, kinesiology, sport psychology, psychology, business or related areas may be required to take prerequisite or "leveling" courses. These may vary according to the student's specialization.
Applications for the MS in Applied Sport Psychology program are accepted every 2 years. The next cohort application deadline is August 1st 2018 for the Fall 2018 cohort.
The deadline for completed applications is August 1st for all programs.
How to Apply:
1. Complete the online application:
2. Pay the $30 application fee.
3. Submit ALL supplemental admission documents online:
These documents include:
- Letter of intent - describing interests, background, the emphasis of interest, and professional goals. The letter will be used to assess writing skills for eligibility into the program.
- Two (2) recent letters of recommendation or contact information from associates who can speak to the applicant's academic strengths and potential.
4. Send ALL official transcripts from previously attended institutions.Transcripts from ASU need not be requested. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted. Please have all official transcripts sent to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (for electronic official transcripts)
Adams State University
Office of Graduate Studies
208 Edgemont Blvd., Suite 2300
Alamosa, CO 81101
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 3.0 in the final 60 hours of the undergraduate degree program is required. Additional information may be requested if a student does not meet the GPA requirement.
- If applicant's undergraduate degree is in something other than Human Performance and Physical Education, the student may be required to complete additional pre-requisites.
- The Office of Graduate Studies will notify students of admission decisions.