MA & MS - Application Process
Students desiring to enroll in the Master of Arts and Master of Science degree programs in the Department of HPPE must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution.
An acceptable minor in physical education or the equivalent from an accredited institution will be considered for the coaching and sport management programs.
Exercise Science, Coaching and Sport Management Programs:
Students without undergraduate majors in physical education, exercise science, kinesiology or related areas may be required to take prerequisite or "leveling" courses. These may vary according to the student's specialization.
Applied Sport Psychology Programs:
Students without undergraduate majors in physical education, exercise & sport science, kinesiology, sport psychology, psychology, business or related areas may be required to take prerequisite or "leveling" courses. These may vary according to the student's specialization.
Applications for the MS in Applied Sport Psychology program are accepted every 2 years. The next cohort application deadline is August 1st 2018 for the Fall 2018 cohort.
All applicants must submit the following information to: (Deadline for completed applications is August 1st for online programs)
Adams State University
208 Edgemont Boulevard
Alamosa, CO 81101
- A $30.00 non-refundable application fee
- Letter of Intent
- Two (2) recent letters of recommendation from associates who can speak to the applicant's academic strengths and potential.
- An official transcript from all institutions attended sent directly from the institution to the Adams State Human Performance and Physical Education Department verifying receipt of the baccalaureate degree. Transcripts from Adams State need not be requested; however, official transcripts confirming transfer courses are required. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted.
- An undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 3.0 in the final 60 hours of the undergraduate degree program is required. Additional information may be requested by the Graduate Coordinator if a student does not meet the GPA requirement.
- If applicant's undergraduate degree is in something other than Human Performance and Physical Education, the student may be required to complete additional pre-requisites.
- The Graduate Coordinator will notify students of admission decisions.