"Top of the Nation"
2018 High School Honor Choir Festival
- Thursday, February 15th through Saturday, February 17th
- Dr. Beth Robison, Women's Choir
- Dr. Eric Foley, Mixed Choir
Adams State University "Top of the Nation" Honor Choirs Festival is an annual event at ASU offered to high school students chosen from all over the state. The festival consists of both a mixed and a treble choir of 60-80 singers. The event is held over a three-day period, beginning on Thursday morning and culminating in a concert on Saturday afternoon.
Application and Audition:
Additional Application & Audition Information:
- Each applicant must submit a mp3, mp4 or WAV file via Google Drive according to the procedures listed above. CDs are acceptable if you are not able to submit an electronic audition. Auditions will include a demonstration of the student's vocal range, melodic and rhythmic sight reading examples, a chorale part-reading example, aural recall and an a cappella melody.
- A completed Google form application must be submitted for each student (see Application and Due Dates above).
- Participants are expected to re-audition using excerpts from the honor choir literature when they arrive at the festival.
- Selected students will need to arrive on the Adams State College campus on Thursday between 8:45am-9:45am, with re-auditions occurring between 10:00am-10:30am.
- The final concert will take place on Saturday at 2:00pm, and students should not plan to leave before 3:30pm
- Student registration is $30 per student and will be due in January, after acceptance notices are sent out.
- Transportation, housing, parking costs and meals are the responsibility of the participants. It is suggested that band parent organizations help defer at least some of these costs if possible.
Graduate Credit for Directors
- Directors can receive 1 graduate credit for attending TOTN.
- In order to receive the full credit, directors will need to accumulate a total of 15 clock hours of observation. Admission and registration can be taken care of with one form that you can fill out while you're here.
- You can pay by credit card or check made out to Adams State University for the course fees. Nothing needs to be arranged or paid for in advance.
If you have further questions, please contact Dr. Beth Robison at: