"Top of the Nation Honor Band"
Annual High School Honor Band Festival - March 8-10, 2018
The Adams State University "Top of the Nation" Honor Band Festival is one of the longest running honor bands in Colorado, with a tradition dating back over 50 years. The band consists of some of the finest high school instrumental musicians in the Southwest. The event is held over a three-day period, beginning on Thursday morning and culminating in a concert on Saturday afternoon.
- There sectionals for all members of the Honor Band, which are open to directors.
- We are excited to bring you an impressive roster of clinicians featuring ASU Music Faculty and several guest clinicians. These master classes are open to directors.
Graduate Credit for Directors:
- Directors can receive 1 graduate credit for attending TOTN.
- In order to receive the full credit, directors will need to accumulate a total of 15 clock hours of observation. Admission and registration can be taken care of with one form that you can fill out while you're here.
- You can pay by credit card or check made out to Adams State University for the course fees. Nothing needs to be arranged or paid for in advance.
ASU Music Faculty Clinicians
- Dr. Andrew Friedrichs - Low Brass
- Leslie Kahler - Clarinet
- Jason Paschall - Double Reed
- Don Williams - Trumpet
- Duane Zanotelli - Saxophone