BA in Sport Psychology
The degree offers students the opportunity to learn more about psychological concepts and apply these to a sport context as well as develop an understanding of sport and exercise psychology.
Our program increases student understanding of:
- sports participants, environments, and group processes
- performance enhancing techniques such as goal setting, imagery, and self-talk
Sport Psychologists work in
- Clinical arenas – Individuals trained in clinical or counseling psychology are interested in the athlete and his or her experiences.
- Educational settings – Practitioners teach principles of sport and exercise psychology to athletes and coaches and help athletes develop skills for optimal performance.
- Research – Scientist/ scholars look for better techniques that can be applied to today's athletes.
Most jobs in Sport Psychology require graduate degrees.
We will prepare you for advanced studies in sport psychology, sport and exercise physiology and/or counseling.
Here's what our students have learned at ASU:
Is taking his senior-year courses through Extended Studies. His major, agribusiness will help him pursue his career as a farmer or rancher. "The agribusiness program offers a good foundation on how agribusiness needs to be run and ideas for the future." He appreciates his online courses for the flexibility.