BA in Sport Psychology
The degree offers students the opportunity to learn more about psychological concepts and apply these to a sport context as well as develop an understanding of sport and exercise psychology.
Our program increases student understanding of:
- sports participants, environments, and group processes
- performance enhancing techniques such as goal setting, imagery, and self-talk
Sport Psychologists work in
- Clinical arenas – Individuals trained in clinical or counseling psychology are interested in the athlete and his or her experiences.
- Educational settings – Practitioners teach principles of sport and exercise psychology to athletes and coaches and help athletes develop skills for optimal performance.
- Research – Scientist/ scholars look for better techniques that can be applied to today's athletes.
Most jobs in Sport Psychology require graduate degrees.
We will prepare you for advanced studies in sport psychology, sport and exercise physiology and/or counseling.
Here's what our students have learned at ASU:
Kellylynn Zuni - ASU Psychology Major
Crownpoint, New Mexico
Student Ambassador, Psy Chi, Intramural Sports, ASU Adventure Program, Alamosa Elementary Mentor
Daniels Scholar, Internship with Bureau of Indian Affairs in Washington D.C., Internship with Ecology Center at University of Michigan, went to Spain through an ASU English course, Archeology Field School
Beautiful and close-knit campus, outdoor activities
Favorite thing about Adams State:
The opportunities ASU has to enjoy the outdoors, and the support from professors, fellow students, and mentors.