Sport Psych - Program Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
Core Program Goal: To produce graduates who can…
- Understand the role of the brain in human performance and apply psychological techniques and theories to human performance within diverse populations.
Student Learning Outcomes Student who graduate with a BA in Sport Psychology will be able to:
- Effectively develop and apply health, physical activity, and psychological principles as they relate to human performance
- Design, conduct, and evaluate research that address psychological questions
- Demonstrate effective written and oral skills in various formats and for various purposes
- Explain the major perspectives of psychology (e.g. biological, cognitive, behavioral, sociocultural, etc.)