Admission Process - Graduate Teacher Education
Summer Cohort application deadline is April 15th
Fall Cohort application deadline is May 15th
This includes the completion of the online application and submission of ALL admission documents.
A candidate who is interested in enrolling at Adams State University to pursue a Master of Arts degree or add an endorsement to a current Professional Teachers License must submit the documents listed below.
When all materials are received and the file is complete, the application is reviewed by the graduate program coordinator with support from faculty members in the department. The review process takes approximately 4-7 working days.
- You must first:
and pay the $30.00 non-refundable application fee.
Next, send the following materials to the Graduate Teacher Education office at the address listed below.
- Letter of intent written by candidate addressing the area of interest
- Two current letters of recommendation written on letterhead specifically addressing the area in which the candidate wishes to be admitted, speaking to the candidate's strengths and potential
- Current Professional Teaching License
- Official transcript from an accredited institution denoting appropriate degree
- Official transcript for any hours the candidate wishes to be considered for transfer along with the course syllabi
Mail to or email
- Linda Pacheco-Demski
Adams State University
208 Edgemont Blvd. Suite 3050
Alamosa, CO 81101