Teacher Education - Graduate Admission Process
Curriculum and Instruction (with or without STEM) degree start begins every semester (Fall, Spring, and Summer).
Adaptive Leadership and Educational Leadership cohorts begin every Summer semester with application deadlines April 15th.
A candidate who is interested in enrolling at Adams State University to pursue a Master of Arts degree or add an endorsement to a current Professional Teachers License must:
1. Complete the online application:
2. Pay the $30 application fee.
3. Submit ALL supplemental admission documents online:
These documents include:
- Letter of intent - describing interests, background, the emphasis of interest, and professional goals. The letter will be used to assess writing skills for eligibility into the program.
- Two (2) recent letters of recommendation or contact information from associates who can speak to the applicant's academic strengths and potential.
- Copy of active professional teaching licensure.
4. Send ALL official transcripts from previously attended institutions.Transcripts from ASU need not be requested. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted. Please have all official transcripts sent to:
firstname.lastname@example.org (for electronic official transcripts)
Adams State University
Office of Graduate Studies
208 Edgemont Blvd., Suite 2300
Alamosa, CO 81101
Candidates are evaluated on the following criteria
- Past academic performance, including areas of academic strength, with greater weight given to current course work.
- Personal statements from the candidate's letter of intent listing goals, accomplishments and experience.
- Letters of recommendation. We consider the comments made by others who can evaluate the applicant's accomplishments, communication, interpersonal skills, and leadership potential.
- If your cumulative GPA is below 3.0, you may be required to complete the GRE test with a minimum score of 140 Quantitative, 146 Verbal Reasoning, Combined score of at least 297 and 3.5 Analytic Writing.
- If GPA is between 2.5 and 3.0 you could be approved/admitted conditionally.
- All students must maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA while admitted to continue enrollment in the program.
- GRE web link: https://www.ets.org/gre/ The Educational Testing Service (ETS) code for Adams State University is: 4001