How to Appeal Elective Credit

Transfer credits beyond Adams State's general education curriculum will be posted to a student's transcript as "elective" (or ELEC). Some courses listed as ELEC can still count toward a student's general education/major area. For Colorado students, the gtPathways section explains abbreviations at the end of a course title. Some courses listed as ELEC can be substituted to count toward a student's major area or general education credit but will remain ELEC and be noted on graduation paperwork by the student's academic advisor in their department.

To be awarded ASU credit for elective courses, complete the following:

  1. Obtain a course description and/or syllabus from the previous college for the course needing the appeal.
  2. Submit the resources to the appropriate department chair for evaluation. Academic Department Information
  3. Follow up with the Records Office to ensure proper credit is applied.

Transfer Coordinator Contact Information:

phone: 719-587-7528
location: Admissions, Richardson Hall Room 1-106