Adams State University welcomes international students. All international students who desire to enter the university must comply with all provisions of the Immigration Act. And submit the following:
- A complete set of credentials, including verification of financial support.
- A formal application for admission.
- A $30 non-refundable application fee in U.S. dollars (credit card, check or money order).
- Proof of English proficiency.
- A minimum score of 550 (paper-based) or 213 (computer-based) on the TOEFL exam is considered acceptable.
- If a student attends an ESL program, successful completion of level 109 is considered acceptable.
- All information MUST be submitted in English
International Students are responsible for having their foreign official transcripts (high school or college/university) evaluated by World Education Services or the Foundation For International Services, Inc., or Educational Credential Evaluators. to determine what U.S. equivalencies exist for grades, credit hours and accreditation, all results should be formally sent to ASU from one of the two services. Payment for this service is the responsibility of the international student.
Only college or university-level work certified to have U.S. accreditation equivalency by one of the two named organizations above will be accepted directly in transfer.
Other collegiate-level work is acceptable only on the basis of credit by examination. This examination will be conducted by the department chair most closely associated with the academic classes in which the student might wish to transfer. Each department chair will decide whether a written, oral, or credit review of the transcript will be necessary to establish credit.
Mail Admission Materials To:
- Adams State University
- Office Of Admissions
- 208 Edgemont Blvd.
- Alamosa, CO