Student Business - Emergency Loans Through Adams State
Students who need "emergency" funds for books or other expenses can apply for an emergency loan, up to $190, from Adams State University. A simple loan application and promissory note can be completed with a One Stop cashier.
- Maximum loan amount: $190
- Service fee: 5% (maximum of $10)
- Repayment: within 30 days or by semester's end, whichever is earliest
- Minimum enrollment of 6.0 credit hours
- Available only for students enrolled in on-campus courses
- Adams State student account must be in good standing
Disbursement of Funds
After the application is approved, the loan check is available for pick up at the One Stop on the following Tuesday or Thursday after 2:00 p.m. (or daily after 2:00 p.m. during the first two weeks of fall and spring semesters).
- Visit the One Stop cashier
- Call 719-587-7728
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Success Emergency Aid Program
The Project Success Emergency Aid Program is designed to assist students in dealing with unforeseen financial emergencies that, if not quickly resolved, could cause students to drop out of school.
Students pursuing a college degree are sometimes derailed by a temporary financial emergency, such as the loss of a job or an unexpected increase in rent, which may cause them to leave school without earning a credential. Not having the money to fill up the gas tank or replace a stolen bicycle can mean the difference between getting to class or dropping out. Students typically request funds for housing followed by transportation, child care, and utilities with Emergency Aid grants up to $500 per student.
Adams State University is proud to offer the Project Success Emergency Aid Program. The University believes that this will remove one more barrier to increasing persistence and graduation rates.
Project Success Emergency Aid Program Process
After you submit your application, your school will carefully review it, and will notify you of approval or denial within two business days of receiving your completed application.
You will need to:
- Complete the application
- Create a user ID and password
- Upload a copy of the aid request/documentation of the emergency (e.g., a car repair estimate from the auto repair facility, a letter from the child care provider, etc.)
You may receive only one emergency grant through the Project Success Emergency Aid Program in an amount not to exceed $500, except in extenuating circumstances. Grants are paid only during fall and spring semesters and are not available for summer terms.