- The Adams State University Logo consists of a graphic of a mountain with a stream above the words “Adams State University,” “Colorado,” enclosed in a rectangle, and the tagline, “Great Stories Begin Here.”
- The words “Adams State University,” “Colorado,” and “Great Stories Begin Here” may not be moved, altered or deleted; the typeface and letter spacing may not be altered. (Exceptions are discussed under “Tagline”)
- The colors for the logo are black and pantone green 341. Whenever possible, the logo should be printed in both colors. It should be never be printed in another color, with the exception of the following acceptable variations: solid green, solid black or solid white
- The fonts used in the logo are Adobe Garamond and Meta.
- Logos are available in a variety of formats: Print images are vector based (eps), Web images (png) have been resized for the web or JPGs are for general office use
- No other departmental or divisional tagline/slogan/motto may appear on internal or external communications, to prevent dilution of the brand.
- The tagline should always accompany the logo, with the following exception:
When production values would render the tagline illegible, for example, when embroidering on clothing or printing on small promotional items like pens.
- Whenever possible, the logo should be printed in both official colors. The colors for the logo are black and pantone green 341.
- When using a one-color logo, use green, black, or white.
- No other colors may be used in the logo.
Primary Logo Mark
- The Adams State University Primary Logo Mark consists of a graphic of a grizzly paw “U” with “Adams State” across the letter U.
- The words “Adams State” may be removed in some instances, to create just the grizzly paw “U” graphic.
- The colors for the logo are black and pantone green 3435. Whenever possible, the logo should be printed in both colors. It should be never be printed in another color.
- The logo must be used with a margin not less than 10% the total logo size between the logo and nearest graphic elements.
Logo Usage Standards
- All Adams State publications must display the university logo.
- A clear space of at least 1/4” must run on all sides of the logo, except when printing background patterns or screens behind the logo that do not impair legibility of the logo.
- The logo may not be printed at an angle other than horizontal.
- The logo should not be placed inside a box frame.
- The logo may not be screened behind text, nor may text run up to its edges or behind the logo.
- The logo, however, may be placed on top of a photo or other artwork, as long as its readability is not impaired.
- The official logos must be reproduced from original authorized artwork and may not be redrawn or modified in any way. The proportions of the logos may not be altered.
- Printing from a photocopy of the logo will result in poor reproduction; using a Web-version logo on print or vice versa will result in inaccurate color reproduction and poor resolution.
- The absolute minimum size of the logo is 1 7/16” wide (business card size).