Financial Aid Info
Our financial aid office can help your student afford Adams State’s top-notch education. About 91% of our full-time students qualify for financial aid and receive an average award of $12,300 per year.
Depending on a student’s eligibility, financial aid awards consist of Stafford, PLUS and private loans; grants; scholarships; and work study.
Apply for Financial Aid
- FAFSA on the Web Worksheet (PDF) Prepare and see instructions before completing your FAFSA online.
- FAFSA - Free Application for Federal Student Aid Apply each year (free and online).
Dependent Student Status
Parental information must be provided on the FAFSA for students who have a "dependent" status. Parents' information does not have to be provided if:
- Student will be 24 years old before January 1 of the year applying for financial aid.
- Student is serving on active duty or is a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Since student turned age 13, both parents were deceased
- Student was a dependent or ward of the court or in foster care since turning age 13
- Student is currently or was an emancipated minor or in legal guardianship
- Student will be working on a master’s or doctorate program
- Student is married
- Student has children and provides more than half of their support
- Student has dependents (other than children or spouse) who live with him/her and provides more than half of their support
- Student is homeless or is at risk of being homeless
If parents are separated, the FAFSA should be completed with information from the parent with whom the student lived for the majority of time during the past 12 months.