How to Qualify for CAMP

students outside

To be eligible to participate in CAMP:

1. The student must have participated in a school Migrant Education Program (MEP) or were eligible to participate in a MEP. Normally, students who were in a MEP program anytime K-12, qualify with their Certificate of Eligibility (COE).


2. The student or an immediate family member of the student must have been a migrant/seasonal farmworker who worked for at least 75 days within the past 24 months performing qualifying agricultural work.


3. The student must have participated or was eligible to participate in a Workforce Investment Act (WIA) program for migrant workers.

Students applying to CAMP@ASU must also:

  •  Meet the requirements to be accepted into Adams State University
  • Be a US citizen or permanent resident
  • Be a high school graduate or GED recipient
  • Enroll as a full-time student (minimum of 12 credit hours per semester)


Migrant Farmworker – A seasonal farmworker whose employment required travel that kept the farmworker from returning to a permanent home within the same day.

Seasonal Farmworker – A person who was employed in farm work on a temporary or seasonal, not year-round, basis.

Immediate Family Member – Includes parents, guardians, grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc.. but they must have claimed you as a dependent on their taxes or must currently reside/or previously resided in the same household as you.