Find Your Admissions Counselor
ASU Class of 2011 & 2013
- Hometown: Northglenn, CO
- Favorite thing about Adams State: How many options there are for activities around campus, whether it be a Zumba class at the Rex Center, going to a theater production or concert, getting involved in a club, or going on an outdoor adventure trip on the weekend, there are so many options. You will never be bored at Adams State, unless you want to be!
- My Advice: Participate in all of the activities around campus. Even though you might be an introverted person (I was) and might not want to get out there, do it, it will change your life!
- Favorite Food in Alamosa: Well this isn’t really in Alamosa… but the Mile Deep Grille at Hooper Hot Springs (about 30 minutes north of Alamosa)! Most of their food is fresh from their greenhouse and they always have unique options on the their menu, delicious!
- Hobbies: Cross Stitching (I know, I’m an old lady!), playing with my dog, and being outside
- Fun Facts: As a student, I really wanted to touch one of the deer on campus. I would always run around chasing them but I could never catch one! Still makes me sad to this day!
ASU Class of 2010
- Hometown: Manassa, CO
- Favorite thing about Adams State: The Adventure Sports Program, “Voted Top Adventure School 2016”
- My Advice: Don’t limit your own opportunities.
- Favorite Food in Alamosa: May Wa!!!
- Hobbies: Fishing, Skiing, Archery, Taking things apart, and of course Pokemon Go
- Fun Facts: I was born on Pie Day, I’ve broken every finger, and I don’t speak 5 languages.
- Hometown: Chatham, IL
- Favorite thing about Adams State: Our diversity. We are the most diverse university in the state of CO and we hold this title with pride. Inclusivity isn’t just a theory at ASU, it it interwoven into the fabric of ASUs community.
- My Advice: Inquire. Explore. Engage. Participate.
- Hobbies: Hiking, cooking, traveling the world, reading outside in the sunshine
- Fun Facts: I have visited almost all of the hot springs in Colorado (and I highly recommend Joyful Journeys and Valley View Hot Springs not far from Alamosa).
ASU Class of 2016
- Hometown: Tucson, AZ
- Favorite thing about Adams State: All of the 1 on 1, personalized attention that you get from professors and staff. Knowing that your professors will do whatever they can to assist in your education is an amazing feeling.
- My Advice: Don’t put off asking for help. There are so many resources available for you to utilize and everyone here strives for your success. Take advantage of it!
- Favorite Food in Alamosa: Giant cinnamon rolls from Campus Cafe that are smothered in butter and drowning in icing!
- Hobbies: Puzzles, blowing up Gummy Bears in the name of chemistry, making snow angels
- Fun Fact: I have traveled to 6 different countries and 29 states including Alaska and Hawaii
ASU Class of 2011 & 2013
- Hometown: Clovis, NM
- Favorite thing about Adams State: Strangers become your friends and your friends become your family.
- My Advice: Put down your cell phone and get involved. Join a club, go for a hike or have an old fashioned face to face conversation.
- Favorite Food in Alamosa:$1 Tacos at the Rubi Slipper
- Hobbies: I enjoy recreation sports spending time with my family and finding new places to camp in Colorado.
- Fun Fact: I am obsessed with The Rat Pack and I was born on a Tuesday.
ASU Class of 2017
- Hometown: Denver, CO
- Favorite thing about Adams State: A great university and community to be around, makes me feel, not just part of a university, but part of a family. The university is not just supportive from the first day you step on campus or until you cross the stage at graduation, but there for you as an alumni while you journey through life.
- My Advice: Enjoy the college experience to the fullest, and have fun doing it. Be yourself and create your own story, join clubs, sports, and activities and never be too shy when showing your peers and people what you have to offer as an individual.
- Favorite Food in Alamosa: The three I enjoy equally are The Brewery, May Wa & Tai Hut. All three will knock your socks off
- Hobbies: Being with my family, working out, training, and I enjoy fishing
- Fun Fact: I was a former ASU football player 3x leading Wide Receiver. Invited to Division 1 and Division 2 Senior bowl games. Was given an opportunity to perform in front of NFL/CFL teams after college career.