Completion of requirements for a bachelor’s degree, including general education requirements, 120 credits of acceptable coursework, and at least 42 upper-division credits.
- A minimum of 120 academic (non-PE) semester hours of credit.
- At least 42 academic credits must be upper division (300- to 400-level).
- A cumulative scholastic average of 2.0.
- General education courses must be completed with an average GPA of at least 2.0.
- All general education, major, minor, area of concentration, or teacher licensure requirements must be satisfied.
- All students must demonstrate writing proficiency by the end of the sophomore year.
- No D grade may apply to a major or minor field.
Completion of the following required courses:
- GSCI 109: Dynamic Earth (4 hours)
- GSCI 201: Intro to Cartography and GIS (3 hours)
- GSCI 212: Nat Res Mgt on Public Lands (3 hours)
- GSCI 300: World Geography (3 hours)
- GSCI 450: Senior Capstone in Geosciences (2 hours)
Plus a minimum of three courses from the following (11 to 12 credits):
- GSCI 307: Biogeography (3 hours)
- GSCI 311: Climatology (4 hours)
- GSCI 321: Geomorphology w/ Env Applic (4 hours)
- GSCI 330: Nature and Properties of Soils (4 hours)
Plus a minimum of two courses from the following (6 or 7 credits):
- GSCI 411: Mountain Geography (3 hours)
- GSCI 420: Remote Sensing (4 hours)
- GSCI 421: Glacial Periglacial Geog (3 hours)
- GSCI 462: Geog and Geol of World Regions (3 hours)
Plus a minimum of two courses from the following (6 to 8 credits):
- GSCI 112: Earth History (4 hours)
- GSCI 343: Sedimentology & Stratigraphy (4 hours)
- GSCI 433: Environment Geochemical Model (4 hours)
- GSCI 440: Groundwater (4 hours)
- BIOL 330: Ecology (4 hours)
- BIOL 314: Conservation Biology (3 hours)
- BIOL 468: Vegetation & Habitat Management (2 hours)
Plus a minimum of one course from the following (3 credits):
- ECON 256: Microeconomics Principles (3 hours)
- BUS 384: Natural Resources/Water Law (3 hours)
- SOC 425: Environment and Society (3 hours)
Completion of required support courses:
- BIOL 209: General Biology I (5 hours)
- CHEM 131: General Chemistry GT-SC1 (4 hours) AND CHEM 131L: General Chemistry Lab (1 hours)
- MATH 107: Trig/ Analytic Geometry GT-MA1 (3 hours)
- MATH 205: Statistics (3 hours)
- PHYS 225: College Physics I GT-SC1 (5 hours)